Fall and winter can be challenging times to show a home, particularly on the outside. Once autumn leaves have fallen and green lawns fade to brown, it becomes even more important to focus on the immediate entryway into the home and the interior common spaces. Here are a few tips, inspired by the Best interior designers in scottsdale.
- Check to make sure that outdoor lighting is adequate. With shorter days and longer nights, prospective buyers often come at night. Make sure that walkways and driveways are well-illuminated.
- Line the entryway with bright potted mums, potted kale, and pumpkins of all shapes and sizes. You can even etch the home’s number into one of the pumpkins for additional country charm.
- Combine carved pumpkins and embellished luminaries for a warm outdoor welcome. Luminaries can be as simple as mason jars filled with sand and a candle, a battery-operated candle, or a small string of white lights.
- Add a colorful fall-inspired wreath or basket to the front door, so guests feel welcome from the moment they arrive at the front door. Gourds, dried flowers, dried herbs, and branches from the yard can all be used for a homey and traditional door decoration.
- Since dining areas are always top-of-mind with potential buyers, make a great impression by setting a colorful and creative dining room table. You don’t need to set place settings, but a fall-inspired centerpiece or bright orange linens make a fresh and welcoming impression.
- Double the impact of a fall arrangement by placing it in front of a mirror.
- Consider adding dimmer lights to indoor common areas such as the living room, sun room, and den, so all rooms look cozy and inviting.
- Before a showing or open house appointment, burn some fragrant fall-inspired candles in the kitchen and living room. Cinnamon and apple are good choices because they have universal appeal and are in line with the season.
- While your buyers are probably not going to buy your furnishings, they still need to be able to see themselves enjoying the space with their friends and family. Consider adding fall-inspired pillows to the furniture, in warm reds or oranges.
- If you have a fireplace, consider having it cleaned and ready to use. A roaring fire is an attractive feature to potential buyers.
- If you have a carpet, make sure it’s pristine clean to avoid trapping dust and keeping it as beautiful as ever, with tips from carpet cleaning specialists at Cleanetic to give your carpet some amazing maintenance.
When you’re ready to buy or sell, contact Bowen Agency Realtors. We’ve helped many buyers and sellers during the busy fall season, and we would love to work with you!