If you’ve been considering buying a home, believe it or not, winter may be the perfect time. Here are a few reasons why:
1) More Seller Accommodation, Less Competition: Generally speaking, there are fewer houses on the market and therefore fewer people look to buy homes during the winter. This lack of buyers usually pressures winter home sellers to accommodate potential buyers. Winter also has fewer potential buyers. Fewer buyers means less competition.
2) Save Time: While your options may be more limited, that may also save you time. It may be simpler to view the handful of homes for sale in the winter and choose the one that best suits your needs.
3) Lenders More Accessible: Lenders also usually have fewer loans to process and less paperwork to deal with, which means a smoother process to get approved.
4) Seasonal Perspective: Buying a home in the winter lets you see how the house looks and feels during the coldest part of the year. You simply cannot get a feel for a home’s heating system in the summer. You’ll have the opportunity to consider the following: Did you feel cold while looking through the house? Is there a functioning heating system? Are there drafts coming in through the windows or doors? What kind of heating system does the home currently have, or may need in the future?
5) Post-Holiday Bargains: Finally, as all savvy shoppers know, after the holiday season comes the season of bargain opportunities. This includes houses, as well.
When you’re ready to find the right home for your family, contact Bowen Agency Realtors. We’re ready and willing to serve you – any time of year!