Spring and summer are undoubtedly the best times to list your home, but before you do, take some time to check these items off your “to do” list. These items will help your home stand out from the crowd and be more immediately appealing to prospective buyers.
- Clear rooms of clutter and excess furniture – this will make the spaces look larger. This includes the kitchen – especially counters.
- Remove excess personal photos from walls, ledges, bookshelves, and the like. Buyers want to picture themselves in your home and your personal items are distracting.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to primary areas of the home, keeping the colors neutral.
- Check faucets for leaks and replace any dripping faucets.
- Order a new shade from Arrow Window’s Retractable Awnings.
- Clean windows inside and out (if there is a need for new then buy windows in Edmonton). If you have a lovely view, make sure curtains are open during the daytime so the view is visible and natural light can showcase your home.
- Curb appeal is crucial, so take the time to clean up your yard – raking leaves, picking up branches, and planting some easy perennials in pots. If you have a front porch or long walkway, plant some colorful flowers. While you’re at it, you might as well have a look at the roof, and check for any potential leaks, finding which, you could ring up some of the Top Roofing, Siding, Window Installation Company on Staten Island. Pest inspection is also necessary if you spoted any pests that can demage your home. Check out https://amazingpestexterminator.com for a reliable pest control company.
- Make sure all outdoor lighting is operational.
- Make sure your house number is attractive and easy to see.
- Touch up any peeling paint that is immediately visible.
- Pull out your photo albums. This is especially important if you have gardens that bloom during a season when a buyer may not witness the garden beds.
When you’re ready to list, call Bowen Agency Realtors.